What is there to be excited about in technology, really?
About Lincoln Baxter III
Creator of PrettyFaces - Url Rewriting for JSF, PrettyTime - Social-style date & time formatting for Java, and a community contributor to the JSF2 Expert Group; his latest project is ScrumShark, an open-source agile project management tool.
Beginning his career in C, C++ development for hardware signal testing automation, Lincoln soon moved on to Perl, dynamic programming languages, artificial intelligence and, more recently - web application frameworks such as Java Server Faces and Groovy on Grails for financial and small business solutions.
When he is not swimming, running, or playing Ultimate Frisbee, Lincoln is focused on improving the openness of Java, the Java Community Process(JCP), and bringing the J2EE platform to small businesses and freelancers.More About Lincoln »
November 1 - 3, 2013
Current Topics on the NFJS Tour
- Core Java, JEE
- Dynamic Languages: Groovy, JRuby, Scala, Clojure
- RESTful Web Apps
- Frameworks: Hibernate, Grails, Spring, JSF, GWT, more
- Test Driven Design
- Ajax, Flex, RIA
Why Attend the NFJS Tour?
- » Cutting-Edge Technologies
- » Agile Practices
- » Peer Exchange
- Languages on the JVM: Scala, Groovy, Clojure
- Enterprise Java
- Core Java, Java 7
- Testing: Geb, Spock, Easyb
- NoSQL: MongoDB, Cassandra
- Spring 3
- Automation Tools: Git, Hudson, Sonar
- HTML5, Ajax, jQuery, Usability
- Mobile Applications - iPhone and Android
NFJS, the MagazineMay Issue Now Available
On the road to learningby Raju Gandhi
Refactoring to Modularityby Kirk Knoernschild
RESTful Groovyby Kenneth Kousen
Getting Started with D3.jsby Brian Sletten